Every recipe box needs a Plain Jane meatball recipe, the meatball that is ideal with any sauce. Slather it in marinara or pop it in a slow-cooker with a sweet fruit glaze, whatever you'd like. They are subtle enough that they won't overpower the sauce. You may also add a host of herbs, cheeses, vegetables, and spices to tailor the recipe to your wish. Just like the name says, these are a blank slate. They can be made ahead and frozen and simply thawed before serving for an easy weeknight meal.
1) Mix ground turkey, egg, onion, breadcrumbs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and black pepper together.
2) Shape mixture by tablespoonfuls into 1-1/2-inch balls.
3) Place the meatballs in a lightly greased 13x9 cookie sheet.
4) Bake, uncovered, in a 400°F oven until light brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
5) Drain off any excess fat (though with turkey, there may not be any).
6) Store in the refrigerator or freezer.